Soooo…. all you closet 90’s Spice Girl fans… are you singing yet? lol…. was too cool of a post title to pass up on that one lol..and so appropriate…I had the ultimate “Zig a Zig Ah” moment when I opened this one up.
As mentioned in the previous post about Gina Marie dies… I had some tough choices to make with my little spending spree .. this time the Zigs won out. That is not to say the Expanded Chameleon Pens set is off the table…. it’s just biding its time hahaha.
So regulars on the blog are well aware of my love of Zig Kurecolor pens .. I only have a handful of colors out of the 130 something color range. Have.. let me rephrase that, HAD…. only a handful….I now have TWO handfuls lol. As some of you are also aware, I do review products for ImageAbility now and then and they also sponsor prizes on the blog…but let me just say I do also buy my own and they get treat just the same. What you get is my opinion based on my preferences and my style and my experience when using them…nothing more, nothing less.
This time I scored both my own purchase… and a few extras kindly added in by the CraftingAbility team.. thanks guys 🙂 I love surprises in my happy mail.
…so the important stuff….what did I get? Well for starters I picked up 14 new colors in my Kurecolor pens. Now for those of you who haven’t seen these in previous posts, these are not the refillable version… these are the Zig Manga Kurecolor pen version with the fine tips… but .. between you and me.. you can refill them and they are the same colors as the refillables… so you can order refills too. I love the tips on these, the fact that they are slimline and that they fit in the Cricut adapters I have, should I ever feel the need. ….so this is my pen of choice when it comes to the Zig Kurecolors. Although these do not have replaceable tips… technically.. lol..I find the Kurecolor tips to be VERY durable.. so that is not really a big concern of mine.
- Light Gray
- Pale Gray
- Warm Gray 1
- Warm Gray 5
- Blue Gray 1
- Marine Green
- Mid Green
- Green Shadow
- Light Brown
- Pink Haze
- Blood Red
- Carmine Red
- Burnt Sienna
- Bimoji Marker pen – fine tip
- Mangaka Marker Set – 3 tip sizes. these were a very welcome suprise as I use these type of detailer pens a lot. and this set has 3 tip sizes… so I will definitely be playing with these.
- Another surprise in my packet was this Twin Black tips set – if you ever saw the Memory system kit I have… these are the same tips selection..but all black. Scroll, brush, fine, writer,calligraphy and chisel. Each pen has two tips..either two of the same in 2 sizes, or 2 different tips. Definitley a welcome surprise for someone like me who likess to draw and write on the Cricut. these have definitley been the better pens as far as durability goes for that purpose as the tips don’t seem to be affected at all, unlike other pens I have used on it.
- Then we have one of my favorites…if you ever saw my post on embossing pens you have seen one of these. When I got mine I could only get my hands on a dual tip fine & chisel pen… so this time I ordered the writer as it has two sizes of writing tips. What I love about these and a lot of the Zig pens is that they work perfectly with my Amy Chomas Pen & Marker Adapters and are awesome for embossing on my Cricut. ImageAbility decided I needed to brush up on my hand writing skills I think because Steve kindly upgraded me to include the full set of Zig Embossing Pens. The full set includes the writing tips, the calligraphy tips as well as the fine and chisel and the scroll and brush tips. I guess I best get practicing LOL
- Black Fabricolor twin tip Pen
Now I couldn’t place an order without grabbing some Photo Tape Refills.. I LOVE this tape runner. My Xyron Megarunner is fabulous for most paper craft projects, but I find this Zig Photo Tape to just have a little extra something, something for things like the foam sheets… and regulars know I love to pop my foam sheets on a lot of projects.
….also included in this image is a couple of different sizes of the 2 way glue. I have the big applicator tip, but wanted to try out some of the smaller tips too.
And something that has me very excited…. double sided tape. Steve kindly threw in a reel of the commercial grade tape they use in another branch of the business after listening to me moan about wanting a really heavy duty tape for my foam and needing something that came in wide reels. It’s always handy to know a man who knows a man …. so I will be testing this out too. I threw a quick 1 inch strip on a piece of card and foam and so far, as I can tell… I could probably stick myself off the ceiling with this stuff lol. I need wide tape in big quantities at an affordable price… so 3 sheet packs just don’t cut it for me. I have one other reel I just ordered and should be here by Monday… I picked it up at a discount online and it’s 6 inches wide.
It will be interesting to see how they compare since one is marketed for commercial use and one is marketed for craft use. My biggest pet peeve is I really want it to have release paper on both sides… but I guess I can always add my own secondary release paper to these rolls. Stay tuned for updates on these tape reels later in the month if you have been looking for similar products.
Then I found the extra goodies I wasn’t expecting.. I found a canvas tote bag, which is perfect for the Fabricolor pen I ordered. And something that had been mentioned in a recent email and was definitely of interest to me…. a ChalkFlex sheet and white wet erasable chalk marker. Now this is a bit different to the original chalkboard vinyl I reviewed last year and have used in various projects since… this one isn’t black. It’s a really deep slate gray and has a subtle texture to it. Really looking forward to trying that one out.
almost forgot to include this one…. this is one of the wet erasable Chalk Pens, to go with the chalk board sheet.
….and there we have it… that is today’s happy mail from CraftingAbility.com and Cohas.com ..time to get busy and have some playtime me thinks. Stay tuned for more posts and projects and a closer look at some of these new pens in action.
Some products in this post were provided free of charge for review & project purposes.