New Forum Member

Introduction to the forum
User avatar
Rikhardr
Graduate
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:42 pm
Location: Central Mississippi, USA
Contact:

New Forum Member

Postby Rikhardr » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:54 pm

I purchased a Cricut Explore Air and received it Saturday morning. (8/8)

Support helped me Monday (8/10) install the drivers and do the proper setup.

I am now up and running and working on a few projects.

I do WWII Living History and have learned to make stencils for my WWII period signs.

Machine working well and things are happy! :) :)

User avatar
MsWipz
Post Whore
Posts: 3473
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:02 am
Location: Texass
Contact:

Re: New Forum Member

Postby MsWipz » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:03 pm

Welcome to the message Board, glad to have you with us.

If you ever feel like trying something new, we have card challenges and a photo mat challenge this month. The Photo Mat one might appeal to you, it is one of the August chalenges, as I am sure you have a lot of awesome vintage photos and I bet you have some great ones from your hobbies. It would be great to see more gentlemen's take on designing cards and such....and an awesome way for the ladies who struggle making male recipient cards to learn and get inspiration.

Looking forward to getting to know you and seeing your creations :)

PS so nice to have someone register who is Happy with their new machine and raring to go... you will love possibilities an explore opens up for you... don't be shy about asking questions.

User avatar
Rikhardr
Graduate
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:42 pm
Location: Central Mississippi, USA
Contact:

Re: New Forum Member

Postby Rikhardr » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:16 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm retired from a local sheriff's office 911 dispatch center and do a lot
of re-enactment living history in the time periods of Civil War and WWII.

I purchased my Cricut to help with these hobbies but it looks like it could become a hobby in and of itself also! :)

User avatar
MsWipz
Post Whore
Posts: 3473
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:02 am
Location: Texass
Contact:

Re: New Forum Member

Postby MsWipz » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:28 pm

Rikhardr wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm retired from a local sheriff's office 911 dispatch center and do a lot
of re-enactment living history in the time periods of Civil War and WWII.

I purchased my Cricut to help with these hobbies but it looks like it could become a hobby in and of itself also! :)


Yes Sir! I bought mine for doing photo mat inserts... and I have done way more cards than Photo mats so far :) These ladies have a way of dragging you in and getting you trying all sorts of new things. I have to admit the card making is a lot of fun and I have learnt a lot...I bet with your interests you could do some amazing unique cards and projects on the Explore. I can't wait to see some of them. You are not alone in a sea of ladies I promise, Omar is one of our other male crafters... OMG he does the most awesome cards...puts me to shame.

Be warned it's highly addictive and I hope you like to shop haha ... these ladies will have you out hunting for allsorts of awesome things to try :)

I was the shy retiring wallflower type till I met these ladies :lol: :lol: :lol: ... *** shhh ladies I hear ya'all snickerin

TurtleBug

Re: New Forum Member

Postby TurtleBug » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:14 pm

WELCOME, Rikhardr!!
You will find this forum so fun and inspiring..... plus being the only "Rooster"( besides sometimes Omar) in the "Henhouse", hope you don't find us a coop full of looney Chicks! The camaraderie is great, too!
Your Explore will be invaluable to you in helping you put together your re-enactments. Please, do share them with us.
Good luck! :)
TurtleBug

User avatar
Rikhardr
Graduate
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:42 pm
Location: Central Mississippi, USA
Contact:

Re: New Forum Member

Postby Rikhardr » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:23 pm

Thanks TurtleBug and MsWipz ~ looking forward to learning about my new Cricut.

Working on some projects and should have some photos by the weekend.

What section would be best to post them on?

Again ~ Thanks!

User avatar
MsWipz
Post Whore
Posts: 3473
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:02 am
Location: Texass
Contact:

Re: New Forum Member

Postby MsWipz » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:28 pm

Rikhardr wrote:Thanks TurtleBug and MsWipz ~ looking forward to learning about my new Cricut.

Working on some projects and should have some photos by the weekend.

What section would be best to post them on?

Again ~ Thanks!


Hmm hard to say without knowing exactly what you will be doing.. but heh.. we'll figure it out..and if we don't have a section for it..I can always make one and move posts later :)

User avatar
MsWipz
Post Whore
Posts: 3473
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:02 am
Location: Texass
Contact:

Re: New Forum Member

Postby MsWipz » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:28 pm

TurtleBug wrote:WELCOME, Rikhardr!!
You will find this forum so fun and inspiring..... plus being the only "Rooster"( besides sometimes Omar) in the "Henhouse", hope you don't find us a coop full of looney Chicks! The camaraderie is great, too!
Your Explore will be invaluable to you in helping you put together your re-enactments. Please, do share them with us.
Good luck! :)
TurtleBug



speak for yourself .. lol

TurtleBug

Re: New Forum Member

Postby TurtleBug » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:36 pm

MsWipz wrote:
TurtleBug wrote:WELCOME, Rikhardr!!
You will find this forum so fun and inspiring..... plus being the only "Rooster"( besides sometimes Omar) in the "Henhouse", hope you don't find us a coop full of looney Chicks! The camaraderie is great, too!
Your Explore will be invaluable to you in helping you put together your re-enactments. Please, do share them with us.
Good luck! :)
TurtleBug



speak for yourself .. lol


OH, BUT I DID!! :lol:

User avatar
Rikhardr
Graduate
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:42 pm
Location: Central Mississippi, USA
Contact:

Re: New Forum Member

Postby Rikhardr » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:41 pm

Here is my 1st project on my Cricut. I reenact a WWII Clerk (Schreiber) impression for our living history unit and the sign says, Clerks Office.

I cut and painted the wood to match a WWII period photo of the sign and I then learned how to made the stencil on the

Cricut. So I guess it is a history and paper craft project. :roll:

Image

User avatar
MsWipz
Post Whore
Posts: 3473
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:02 am
Location: Texass
Contact:

Re: New Forum Member

Postby MsWipz » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:53 pm

.. I can see you are going to be fun :) ..ok I would say.. take your pick.. from wood working, painting and anything else..and if you do similar projects, but use vinyl lettering instead we have a section for vinyl too.. pretty much that project could go in any of those first 3 . SO ...I leave it up to your discretion and preference:) We'll find it wherever you post it :)

That's a real nice job for a first project on the Cricut.. :) what did you use for the stencil material?

User avatar
Rikhardr
Graduate
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:42 pm
Location: Central Mississippi, USA
Contact:

Re: New Forum Member

Postby Rikhardr » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:59 pm

MsWipz wrote:.. I can see you are going to be fun :) ..ok I would say.. take your pick.. from wood working, painting and anything else..and if you do similar projects, but use vinyl lettering instead we have a section for vinyl too.. pretty much that project could go in any of those first 3 . SO ...I leave it up to your discretion and preference:) We'll find it wherever you post it :)

That's a real nice job for a first project on the Cricut.. :) what did you use for the stencil material?


The stencil was cut out of a heavy card stock. I was only planning to make one sign just for me

but if I was going to make two or more I think I would use a Stencil Vinyl so that the stencil would be usable

more then once.

User avatar
MsWipz
Post Whore
Posts: 3473
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:02 am
Location: Texass
Contact:

Re: New Forum Member

Postby MsWipz » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:02 pm

I have a feeling you better start getting used to working with plastic and vinyl haha ...and be prepared to have all of your re-enactment buddies making special requests for signs and House Decor and such :) Welcome to the insanity of Cricut Crafting :)

User avatar
Rikhardr
Graduate
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:42 pm
Location: Central Mississippi, USA
Contact:

Re: New Forum Member

Postby Rikhardr » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:23 pm

You hit the nail right on the head ~ already getting requests! :)

Here is a sign I hand painted for a German Field Light Wounds Aid Station group.

They have three German Red Cross nurses and a Doctor in their unit.

Light Wounds Aid Station
Image

Image

User avatar
MsWipz
Post Whore
Posts: 3473
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:02 am
Location: Texass
Contact:

Re: New Forum Member

Postby MsWipz » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:47 pm

You should make signs for your bathroom door at home lol.. that would be soo cool :lol: :lol:


Return to “Guest Services”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest