Is there a special vinyl for outdoors?

If it's specifically Cricut related ..you can post it here.
Melissa
Get the Paddles Ready

Is there a special vinyl for outdoors?

Postby Melissa » Fri May 20, 2016 5:55 pm

I am not sure if this is the right question but this is what I am asking for.

My church wants to put lettering on our Church Van.....Is this something that I could do with my Cricut machine to save money? Is there a special vinyl that you would use for outdoor use or on a vehicle? Thanks so much for your input. I have not approached my church yet with the idea, I thought I would ask here if this is a plausible idea.

Melissa
Get the Paddles Ready

Re: Is there a special vinyl for outdoors?

Postby Melissa » Fri May 20, 2016 7:27 pm

I think I may have found the answer to my question on my own by going to a few of the vinyl websites that were links here in the files. I found a permanent one that said it would last up to 7 years which is sufficient for what we need.

If I order it in a roll for bulk purposes....would anyone have a good tutorial for how to print a whole length of wording on a continuous roll? I.E.

Bible Baptist Church
Anderson, SC

I want the letters to be about 5" high but the wording to be about 4' long the whole length of the van. Thank you for any input.

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Sat May 21, 2016 12:45 am

Hey Melissa.... well first off the Cricut Mat is not going to allow you to cut more than 24 inches at a time.. unless someone knows of a longer mat. So you would have to do it in sections and transfer it to the van using a transfer sheet..or if they have printable vinyl you could do that, but I doubt you have a printer that would be durable for that kind of use. I think Wax Printers are the only ones I can think of that with stand the outdoors.

If that isn't a viable option for you I do know a company who produce magnetic sheet that stays on vehicles up to 70mph ... not sure about the areas you would keep it at,as to whether it would stay on with the local kids though LOL.

Sounds like a fun project though... keep us posted, would love to see pictures of the finished project :)

NanaDonna
The Ultimate Jibber Jabber

Postby NanaDonna » Fri May 27, 2016 11:03 am

MsW is right the Cricut only allows you to cut up to 24 Inches at a time.
You could cut out each word separately.

The only machine that I know of that allows for you to cut directly from the roll
in the Silhouette Cameo.

Hope this helps.
I am sure you found out that the 651 permanent it for outdoors

Return to “Everything Cricut”