Design Space Question - Images Question

If it's specifically Cricut related ..you can post it here.
MsWipz
Post Whore

Design Space Question - Images Question

Postby MsWipz » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:28 pm

Just curious.. Do you mostly use the subscription, cartridges you own ....or upload your own designs...

I mostly use my own designs..I tried a month of subscription but in all fairness I just didn't have time to use it much. I do have some cartridges.. but not a lot and mostly they are for the lil guy.

I got 4 free with my original expression:

Stand and Salute
Simply Sweet
Wild Card
Locker talk

..and bought these on Ebay recently:

Cars
Toy Story
Mickey and Friends
Teddy Bear Parade
Old West

NanaDonna
The Ultimate Jibber Jabber

Re: Design Space Question - Images Question

Postby NanaDonna » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:30 pm

I use both my cartridges and upload images.
I have way too many cartridges to even think about getting the subscription, I would just be paying for something I already own.
Last count I think it was a little over 100 cartridges. I do use my cartridges way more since I got my Explore because
I found the search in DS works great and brings up stuff I didn't know I had. However they really don't come up in and order and after you
put the image on your mat you can't tell what cartridge it came from. A big hope for the next DS update that we will be able to right
click on an image and see what cartridge it came from, like we could in CCR.

I also have the Make the Cut software which is a GREAT program. You have so much more ability to create, manipulate, shadow and a lot of other things that you can do with DS. And the super cool thing is you can save what you do in MTC and export it as an SVG and cut it with your Explore. :D

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:36 pm

I still have a copy of sure Cuts a Lot from before they got that shut down. I got that for my Expression :) I wonder if it still works, I haven't dragged that old war horse out in forever.

NanaDonna

Postby NanaDonna » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:10 pm

MsWipz wrote:I still have a copy of sure Cuts a Lot from before they got that shut down. I got that for my Expression :) I wonder if it still works, I haven't dragged that old war horse out in forever.

If you never updated your plug ins your SCAL should work with your Expression

I know what you mean, when I re-did my room I put y Expression and my Cameo off to the side cause I don't use them as often as my Explore

Oh my so nice that I can say CAMEO here without worrying about somebody deleting it LOL

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:31 pm

Yup.. I'm not officially anything but Crazy LOL... This is not a Cricut Forum or any other forum.. this is OUR forum. You can talk about any brand you like :) .. even ..ugg Intel... and I won't delete it haha

grumpygus
Contributor

Postby grumpygus » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:11 am

I have probably 90% of the cartridges, so have never done the subscription. And obviously I have never used all the cartridges I own.
Mostly I think I am a collector. I love saving up for new things (fixed retired income) and love the chase of finding things people say they use and work well, then I've got to have it :lol:

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:28 am

grumpygus wrote:I have probably 90% of the cartridges, so have never done the subscription. And obviously I have never used all the cartridges I own.
Mostly I think I am a collector. I love saving up for new things (fixed retired income) and love the chase of finding things people say they use and work well, then I've got to have it :lol:

I found a seller on Ebay that has a lot of Cartridges and you can pick up some great deals if you use her auctions instead of the buy it now. That is where I get the Cartridges for the little guy. The most I have paid for any of them is $16 and that was for the Toy Story one.. most of them I picked up for $10-13 each and she does free shipping. If anyone wants details on this seller let me know via PM. I have had no problems with items from her and I have bought 5 cartridges thus far.

libmary
Are You Still Breathing ?

Postby libmary » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:21 am

Hi,

I bought my Explore, mainly to use my own images. I have a huge clipart collection that I have purchased over the past 15 yrs. Having a machine that can cut those types of images out has opened a whole new avenue for crafting for me.

And except for the limited image size limits for using the Print then Cut feature, I have been thrilled with my results. Images that I would have never had the patience to cut with scissors, now I find using them in creative ways to be a lot of fun.

I had never owned any type of cutting machine (except if you can call scissors and my hands a "Machine") prior to buying the Explore in Oct 2014, so didn't have any Cricut Cartridges (my machine did come with some Anna Griffin content, but haven't used many of those images or done much with the content of them).

I've gotten a few as gifts but don't use many of the images on them. Got some just for making boxes etc. I also bought the Monthly subscription for June 2015, to be able to access and use the Dimensionl Paper Arts cartridge, currently only available to subscribers. I am trying to use it for a few things I am making before the subscription is up. If I find other things in the subscription that I might want to use beyond the month of June, I "may" resubscribe at a later time or purchase some of the single images outright.

You can see some of the cards I have made with my Cricut Explore that use images that I have on my computer, on my Blog
> http://chocolateonthekeyboard.blogspot.com

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:24 am

libmary wrote:Hi,

I bought my Explore, mainly to use my own images. I have a huge clipart collection that I have purchased over the past 15 yrs. Having a machine that can cut those types of images out has opened a whole new avenue for crafting for me.

And except for the limited image size limits for using the Print then Cut feature, I have been thrilled with my results. Images that I would have never had the patience to cut with scissors, now I find using them in creative ways to be a lot of fun.

I had never owned any type of cutting machine (except if you can call scissors and my hands a "Machine") prior to buying the Explore in Oct 2014, so didn't have any Cricut Cartridges (my machine did come with some Anna Griffin content, but haven't used many of those images or done much with the content of them).

I've gotten a few as gifts but don't use many of the images on them. Got some just for making boxes etc. I also bought the Monthly subscription for June 2015, to be able to access and use the Dimensionl Paper Arts cartridge, currently only available to subscribers. I am trying to use it for a few things I am making before the subscription is up. If I find other things in the subscription that I might want to use beyond the month of June, I "may" resubscribe at a later time or purchase some of the single images outright.

You can see some of the cards I have made with my Cricut Explore that use images that I have on my computer, on my Blog
> http://chocolateonthekeyboard.blogspot.com

Wow Libmary. ... so when do I get your song/color sketch choices ? *grin I really hope you find at least one thing to do on the July Challenge.. there are lots of things to choose from :)

SandyC
Contributor

Postby SandyC » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:48 am

I have almost 200 cartridges so I don't use the subscription. If I need an image from DS, I'll usually just pay the price for the one image. If I really like the collection, I'll wait until it goes on sale and buy the cartridge.

I also use SVG Cuts (I love those), Birds designs (she has great intricate designs), Lettering Delights, Scrapping Table, Quilling Patch, Penny Duncan Creations, KadoodleBug Designs - all of which we can now cut with the Explore! (Thanks, Cricut!) And there are a few more random free svg's that I don't either know or remember the names of the designers.

And I also use some digital stamps for print and cut.

Did I mention that I love this machine?

jessie
Check for a Pulse

Postby jessie » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:54 pm

I use my cartridges, uploaded svgs, and my own designs.
There are so many free svgs and files generously offered by others that I don't see the need for the subscription.

TurtleBug

Postby TurtleBug » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:04 pm

I only have about 24 cartridges and before Explore that is what I used. When I make special request cards for family and friends and they want a special interest of the recipient included on the card and don't find exactly what I need in my carts, I will download images from the internet and use that. Now with the print and cut it is so much easier.
I have not been brave enough yet to venture into SVGs, but will get brave and tackle that soon.

NanaDonna

Postby NanaDonna » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:17 pm

TurtleBug wrote:I only have about 24 cartridges and before Explore that is what I used. When I make special request cards for family and friends and they want a special interest of the recipient included on the card and don't find exactly what I need in my carts, I will download images from the internet and use that. Now with the print and cut it is so much easier.
I have not been brave enough yet to venture into SVGs, but will get brave and tackle that soon.

Better get prepared that will be part of your next lesson!

TurtleBug

Postby TurtleBug » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:54 pm

:o :o :o REALLY!!!???

Take it easy with me now, OK?

NanaDonna

Postby NanaDonna » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:24 am

TurtleBug wrote: :o :o :o REALLY!!!???

Take it easy with me now, OK?

If I took it easy on you, you would be missing out on all the fun things you can do with your Explore :lol: 8-) :lol:

Return to “Everything Cricut”