Amy Chomas Pen Holders ...anyone?

If it's specifically Cricut related ..you can post it here.
MsWipz
Post Whore

Amy Chomas Pen Holders ...anyone?

Postby MsWipz » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:55 pm

Ok.. hands up who in here has one or more of these for their Explore or Expression.... I'm trying to see if everyone already has these and knows what pens fit..or if you would be interested in me making a post about the pen holders and which pens I personally have that work in the Explore. I know a lot of you ladies use the pen holders ..I just didn't know who had the extra pen holders. I know there are lists out there on the web already but I wanted to share my personal experience/samples with pens not just rely on a list. I will link to the other lists too.

If there is enough interest I will drag out my Explore in the next few weeks and do a post with samples and a list of my pens. Anyone else who has one already is welcome to add to the post if they want to :)

DeeScraps
The Ultimate Jibber Jabber

Re: Amy Chomas Pen Holders ...anyone?

Postby DeeScraps » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:29 pm

I know that the other ladies who have the Explore use all different pens, so maybe a list or links would be good for folks like me who had problems getting the Explore calibrated (it turned out to be the glossy inkjet paper I was using) and haven't really started using the pens yet or just got or will be getting an Explore.

I do have some of the PC pens, just haven't used them. I really think I'm on hold because I know that they will have to do the new "fix" for Chrome or whatever they plan on doing. I should check...maybe it's done. Anyone know?

Anyway, I do know that these pen holders have been around along time...do you recommend them?

Dee

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:37 pm

DeeScraps wrote:I know that the other ladies who have the Explore use all different pens, so maybe a list or links would be good for folks like me who had problems getting the Explore calibrated (it turned out to be the glossy inkjet paper I was using) and haven't really started using the pens yet or just got or will be getting an Explore.

I do have some of the PC pens, just haven't used them. I really think I'm on hold because I know that they will have to do the new "fix" for Chrome or whatever they plan on doing. I should check...maybe it's done. Anyone know?

Anyway, I do know that these pen holders have been around along time...do you recommend them?

Dee

I sure do... they work perfectly.
I absolutely love mine..I got both the fat and skinny one and the engraving tip, however I haven't used the engraver YET.

So glad you got the callibration thing sorted... :) there didnt seem to be any changes to the Chrome that I noticed earlier this afternoon.

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:50 pm

http://www.amychomas.com/index.php?main ... h33dvqll35

These are the ones I have, but she has adapters for allsorts of things and other products too.. if anyone is interested in them maybe I could email her and see if she'd be willing to do a group order discount. Some places do that for groups, some don't .. never hurts to ask :)

NanaDonna

Postby NanaDonna » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:15 pm

MsWipz wrote:http://www.amychomas.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=24&zenid=sqsd3po4i34r3rudh33dvqll35

These are the ones I have, but she has adapters for allsorts of things and other products too.. if anyone is interested in them maybe I could email her and see if she'd be willing to do a group order discount. Some places do that for groups, some don't .. never hurts to ask :)

Wow that would be great if she did a group order discount. I have heard nothing but good things about her pens holders.
I personally do not have one.
I did however run across a lady that makes a very simple holder out of 1/2 inch PCV pipe and puts a set screw in the side.
I have one but have not used it yet. It is very simple and ir really opens up the list of what pens you can use.

If you want a real fine line writing the Pilot Precision V5 pens work great in the Explore
http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Precise-Multicolor-Rollingball-Pens/dp/B002K9IAF6/ref=sr_1_30?ie=UTF8&qid=1434244313&sr=8-30&keywords=pilot+precise+v5

Here is a card I used the V5 pens on

Some of the Crayola makers work too

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:20 pm

NanaDonna wrote:
MsWipz wrote:http://www.amychomas.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=24&zenid=sqsd3po4i34r3rudh33dvqll35

Wow that would be great if she did a group order discount. I have heard nothing but good things about her pens holders.
I did however run across a lady that makes a very simple holder out of 1/2 inch PCV pipe and puts a set screw in the side.
I have one but have not used it yet. It is very simple and ir really opens up the list of what pens you can use.

If you want a real fine line writing the Pilot Precision V5 pens work great in the Explore
http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Precise-Multicolor-Rollingball-Pens/dp/B002K9IAF6/ref=sr_1_30?ie=UTF8&qid=1434244313&sr=8-30&keywords=pilot+precise+v5

Hahah you know me.. I love my Crayolas .. I have the V5's too..aren't they awesome

NanaDonna

Postby NanaDonna » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:36 pm

Yes they are, I had Turtlebug get a set too.
This is here I would love a thank/like button LOL but I know you are looking into it

DeeScraps

Postby DeeScraps » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:03 pm

Nana Donna....the writing on that card looks great. How did you get the one type thicker? Is it just the change of type face?

Dee

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:04 pm

OMG.. I wasn't expecting a reply so soon to my email.

She may even join us on the forum.. how frickin cool would that be huh. Can you tell I really like my pen holders haha It's the simplest idea but those are the ones that make the biggest difference.

TurtleBug

Postby TurtleBug » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:52 am

MsWipz wrote:OMG.. I wasn't expecting a reply so soon to my email.

She may even join us on the forum.. how frickin cool would that be huh. Can you tell I really like my pen holders haha It's the simplest idea but those are the ones that make the biggest difference.

I tell you....YOU ARE THE BESTEST.... at gittin' 'er DONE!!

Next thing you know PC will be wanting to join us!! ;)

DeeScraps

Postby DeeScraps » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:03 am

I can see PC wanting to put you in charge of their boards. :!: Just think how smoothly things would have run for them :!: :!: :!:

Webmeister
Site Admin

Postby Webmeister » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:44 am

Thanks ladies, but there is a huge difference between running a board this size..and running one their size :)

NanaDonna

Postby NanaDonna » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:33 am

DeeScraps wrote:Nana Donna....the writing on that card looks great. How did you get the one type thicker? Is it just the change of type face?

Dee

Thanks Dee this was a 3 step process.
First I put my shape in DS, then I set up the verse and set it to write. The enjoy the ride I place it where I wanted it under the verse and set that to print. So when you hit go it would print the enjoy the ride, write the verse then cut the shape around it. Make sense?

I have found when I want a bolder font or writing I print it so the letters are filled in. If you write those bolder letters you just get the outline.

DeeScraps

Postby DeeScraps » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:21 pm

I don't like that "outlined" look with the words at all. One of these days I'll sit down and spend the day just with the Explore. :D

How's the room going?

mhunt67
Check for a Pulse

Postby mhunt67 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:52 pm

NanaDonna wrote:

Do you have the contact information for the person that made it out of the PVC, or should I just order the pen holder from the other seller?

Return to “Everything Cricut”