Pens for use with Cricut Explore

If it's specifically Cricut related ..you can post it here.
MsWipz
Post Whore

Re: Pens for use with Cricut Explore

Postby MsWipz » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:41 am

TurtleBug wrote:MsWipz,
Did Miss Amy get back to you about group buying the adapters?
Thanks!

Yup.. and she joined the forum this am... just so you know :)

I guess you missed that post, I updated later that night I think...don't worry we'll get settled in soon enough and find everything.

No group buy, BUT special coupons for forum members may be available. I'll let her post details when she is ready. I know there is a June 15 % off already active http://www.craftingcircle.com/chatterbox/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=94 , I posted that one before I emailed Amy...or you can wait see what other deals she has.

Are you tempted.. ?? I love mine... I hate to say it but the only time the original pen holder will be in my machine again is for test purposes for this topic lol.

TurtleBug

Postby TurtleBug » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:09 am

Thank you,
I really want an adaptor to see if my Pilot Precise V5 pens will work, I'm having a hard time getting them to click in there right.

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:01 am

Yes Ma'am I answered in the other post :)

Rikhardr
Graduate

Postby Rikhardr » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:13 am

I purchased a pack of Crayola Fine Point Markers

yesterday at our local Kroger food store for $1.49.

Tested one on some text when I got home and they appeared to work fine.

Anyone else use them?

Merrie
Chatty Cathy

Postby Merrie » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:44 am

MsWipz wrote:Gelly Roll Clear Stardust Gel Pens

I have bought these in 2 packs at Michaels and when I realized how much I liked them I bought them in 6 packs from Amazon. They are clear with a gold shimmer.

WOOT! GellyRoll works without an adapter? Fantastic! I have them and will give them a try. Did you know they come in colors too- blue, green, etc. Thanks MsW :D Merrie

Well duh- if I had read the whole thread before getting so excited I would have realized you were not just talking about pens that would fit in the Explore holder. Tried the GellyRoll and it fell thru :roll: . Oh well.

Merrie
Chatty Cathy

Postby Merrie » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:30 am

Rikhardr wrote:I purchased a pack of Crayola Fine Point Markers

Anyone else use them?

I picked up a pack of them, but have not tried them yet. :D Merrie

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:08 pm

Do not despair lol.... Gelly Roll stardust are still the bomb.. ... seriously consider getting a pen adapter... it opens up a whole new world of awesomeness to your Explore writing feature.

I have a bunch of Crayolas that I use to color the edges of cuts or to dry ink digital designs :)

I really do need to get this section done and get all my pens tested..

DeeScraps
The Ultimate Jibber Jabber

Postby DeeScraps » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:57 pm

I haven't been keeping up with this thread because I'm not looking at pens yet.....but I will be soon. :P I do have a few of the Cricut sets that I bought when I first got my Explore...never tried them. I do like how nice the pens look .....or I should say how nice the writting looks on the cards.

I did just recently buy a Copic "atyou Sepica" marker that is clear with sparkles. I don't think it shows up well ....not like stickles, but it's probably like the other pens you talked about....the "Wink" ones. LOL....can't find my list.

Dee

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:04 pm

DeeScraps wrote:I haven't been keeping up with this thread because I'm not looking at pens yet.....but I will be soon. :P I do have a few of the Cricut sets that I bought when I first got my Explore...never tried them. I do like how nice the pens look .....or I should say how nice the writting looks on the cards.

I did just recently buy a Copic "atyou Sepica" marker that is clear with sparkles. I don't think it shows up well ....not like stickles, but it's probably like the other pens you talked about....the "Wink" ones. LOL....can't find my list.

Dee

Dee.. what doesn't show up well? the clear coat or the sparkle? the reason I ask is ...I want a clear coat gel pen.. without sparkle lol. I got some accents gel but it's too thick and shiny for what I want

DeeScraps

Postby DeeScraps » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:10 pm

I should have said that it doesn't show up well in photos, but this isn't a clear pen like you are looking for. I think that if you were able to find a "needle-nose" squeeze bottle and filled it with glossy accents....that might work. That's been in the back of my mind for a long time... unless you specifically want it in pen-form to use on the Explore.

Dee

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:54 pm

DeeScraps wrote:I should have said that it doesn't show up well in photos, but this isn't a clear pen like you are looking for. I think that if you were able to find a "needle-nose" squeeze bottle and filled it with glossy accents....that might work. That's been in the back of my mind for a long time... unless you specifically want it in pen-form to use on the Explore.

Dee

I just need something with a thinner more satin finish... I guess I could sponge it on but that's a pain in the ... "hows yur father"

DeeScraps

Postby DeeScraps » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:28 pm

"I just need something with a thinner more satin finish... I guess I could sponge it on but that's a pain in the ... "hows yur father"

Sorry, I can't think of anything to fit that need.

Dee

TurtleBug

Postby TurtleBug » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:37 am

Rikhardr wrote:I purchased a pack of Crayola Fine Point Markers

Anyone else use them?

Yes, I use them and they do work great.....like the price, too! :)

Return to “Everything Cricut”