OMG I rock - I invented a pen LOL

If it's specifically Cricut related ..you can post it here.
User avatar
MsWipz
Post Whore
Posts: 3466
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:02 am
Location: Texass
Contact:

OMG I rock - I invented a pen LOL

Postby MsWipz » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:06 pm

I think I just made myself the finest embossing pen not currently available lol. I was talking to Ranger pens and asking them if they had considered making a rollerball/gel pen style of their emboss it pens..and they messaged me back

Ranger Ink Unfortunately we don't. That is an interesting idea and one I will pass on to our team.


....so I thought what the hell I have plenty of almost dead pens.. so I stripped a Recollections metallic Roller ball down ..cleaned it all out and filled it with Embossing refill ink... GUESS WHAT.. It frickin works ...I ROCK..

If Ranger decide to listen to me and run with this idea..you ladies could be doing the finest embossing work ever on your Cricut Explores.. think of all those awesome images you can "write" and the finest text.. WOOHOO... and paper crafting and hand embellishing ..so many possibilities...

now I am off to test it on my cricut :)

Takes a Bow .... and runs off grinning

User avatar
MsWipz
Post Whore
Posts: 3466
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:02 am
Location: Texass
Contact:

Re: OMG I rock - I invented a pen LOL

Postby MsWipz » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:09 pm

Ok.. this is just an experiment remember.. so my ink still had a bit of residual metallic ink in it.. I thought I had it all flushed out..but apparently not..so the top text didn't take too well... and I didn't coat my paper first to keep the residual off... but this THIS is what your Cricut Exlore can do IF Ranger take up on this idea.. how frickin awesome would this be.. just for outlining alone on our stamp images.. let alone the possibilities for text ..both writing and outline styles...

this is cream card stock with clear embossing ink and a dark brown powder.. look at how fine that line is.. the Regular embossit marker styles can't come close to this.. gonna go find a ruler to retake the image next to the text for a proper comparison so you ladies can see how awesome this is.. LOL

Image

User avatar
NanaDonna
The Ultimate Jibber Jabber
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:55 am
Location: Arizona - But it's a dry heat
Contact:

Re: OMG I rock - I invented a pen LOL

Postby NanaDonna » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:10 pm

OMG you ROCK....

That Is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
MsWipz
Post Whore
Posts: 3466
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:02 am
Location: Texass
Contact:

Re: OMG I rock - I invented a pen LOL

Postby MsWipz » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:14 pm

Image

User avatar
MsWipz
Post Whore
Posts: 3466
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:02 am
Location: Texass
Contact:

Re: OMG I rock - I invented a pen LOL

Postby MsWipz » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:17 pm

NanaDonna wrote:OMG you ROCK....

That Is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!



Check out the second picture.. look how thin those lines are LOL.. where's my damned banana....

ImageImageImage

User avatar
DeeScraps
The Ultimate Jibber Jabber
Posts: 1926
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:19 pm
Location: FL

Re: OMG I rock - I invented a pen LOL

Postby DeeScraps » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:38 pm

What a great idea that is!!!! I've never heat embossed before, so on my list it goes! I do LOVE how it looks when other folks do it on their cards.

Dee

User avatar
MsWipz
Post Whore
Posts: 3466
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:02 am
Location: Texass
Contact:

Re: OMG I rock - I invented a pen LOL

Postby MsWipz » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:44 pm

DeeScraps wrote:What a great idea that is!!!! I've never heat embossed before, so on my list it goes! I do LOVE how it looks when other folks do it on their cards.

Dee


You totally have to try it.. even if you just use colored ink pads and clear powder.... my clear powder is my go to. It's great if you have a design that needs coloring and this is great to help keep you in the lines. I really like using clear on designs with clear powder to give a ghosting effect, like black on black cards... I love black on black with the matte and gloss contrast.

I prefer that over the colored powders to be honest. I am so tempted to try a colored ink mix to see if it will work.. to be able to do this in black would be great for me and what I usually do.

User avatar
NanaDonna
The Ultimate Jibber Jabber
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:55 am
Location: Arizona - But it's a dry heat
Contact:

Re: OMG I rock - I invented a pen LOL

Postby NanaDonna » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:28 pm

wow what a great idea, I can't believe it writes so well. AND darn it I just threw away a whole bunch of dries up pens. Well I am sure I can find another one around here and give it a try.

Wouldn't that be great if Ranger decided to make one :)

User avatar
MsWipz
Post Whore
Posts: 3466
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:02 am
Location: Texass
Contact:

Re: OMG I rock - I invented a pen LOL

Postby MsWipz » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:51 pm

I have another metallic pen that writes a bit smoother..I might try that one next ..will let you know. The refill ink is less than $5 a bottle and would fill loads of pens and a syringe is easy enough to get hold of for refills usually. My only concern is laying the pen down and the embossing ink leaking because its so liquid..so I haven't laid mine down flat LOL ..I don't know if it would flow ok with a rubber bung in the end.. I shall see

User avatar
NanaDonna
The Ultimate Jibber Jabber
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:55 am
Location: Arizona - But it's a dry heat
Contact:

Re: OMG I rock - I invented a pen LOL

Postby NanaDonna » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:56 pm

MsWipz wrote:I have another metallic pen that writes a bit smoother..I might try that one next ..will let you know. The refill ink is less than $5 a bottle and would fill loads of pens and a syringe is easy enough to get hold of for refills usually. My only concern is laying the pen down and the embossing ink leaking because its so liquid..so I haven't laid mine down flat LOL ..I don't know if it would flow ok with a rubber bung in the end.. I shall see



I have some Versamark ink pad refills and the ink is kind of thick. How did you clean the old ink out of the pen

User avatar
MsWipz
Post Whore
Posts: 3466
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:02 am
Location: Texass
Contact:

Re: OMG I rock - I invented a pen LOL

Postby MsWipz » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:07 pm

NanaDonna wrote:
MsWipz wrote:I have another metallic pen that writes a bit smoother..I might try that one next ..will let you know. The refill ink is less than $5 a bottle and would fill loads of pens and a syringe is easy enough to get hold of for refills usually. My only concern is laying the pen down and the embossing ink leaking because its so liquid..so I haven't laid mine down flat LOL ..I don't know if it would flow ok with a rubber bung in the end.. I shall see



I have some Versamark ink pad refills and the ink is kind of thick. How did you clean the old ink out of the pen


I drew most of it out with the refill syringe I have for my ink cartridges and then removed the whole tube from the nib..and flushed it under the tap... there will be some left in the nib but that should run out pretty quick once you start scribbling with it.. so you should see it run clear. I would do some dummy runs first, because I found even though it ran clear it had a few intermittent episodes of silver afterwards. I wouldn't do it directly on a project until you are absolutely certain it's all long gone.

It's frickin awesome though Donna. the potential to be able to emboss that fine without rubber stamps is wicked... only thing that I would be cautious of is doing it directly on a project then see the ink run out half way... although saying that, all you have to do is wait till it finished its cycle and refill the pen and and hit start again so it goes back over the project again like you do if you need a multi cut beyond the regular settings... or just top your pens off each session.

User avatar
NanaDonna
The Ultimate Jibber Jabber
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:55 am
Location: Arizona - But it's a dry heat
Contact:

Re: OMG I rock - I invented a pen LOL

Postby NanaDonna » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:18 pm

It sounds really awesome. I love embossing especially my sentiments and with a thin writing it will
be totally cool.

User avatar
MsWipz
Post Whore
Posts: 3466
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:02 am
Location: Texass
Contact:

Re: OMG I rock - I invented a pen LOL

Postby MsWipz » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:36 pm

NanaDonna wrote:It sounds really awesome. I love embossing especially my sentiments and with a thin writing it will
be totally cool.


I am still determined to get the inkjet embossing under control too .. but that is on the backburner for a bit since I nuked my regular printer.. but in the meantime.. this is a great alternative for me. Seriously, when you try this I think you will be amazed how well it does the thin handwriting styles... Obviously font and font size will make a difference.. but once you have experimented and found a size and styles that work for you.. you will have that pen on hand at all times. .. it will be like the Gelly Roll stardust pen haha.

This pen opens up so many avenues.. both in and out of the cricut. Think of all the cool things you could embellish with this.. stock craft store stuff... the potential is wicked.

User avatar
NanaDonna
The Ultimate Jibber Jabber
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:55 am
Location: Arizona - But it's a dry heat
Contact:

Re: OMG I rock - I invented a pen LOL

Postby NanaDonna » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:50 pm

MsWipz wrote:
NanaDonna wrote:It sounds really awesome. I love embossing especially my sentiments and with a thin writing it will
be totally cool.


I am still determined to get the inkjet embossing under control too .. but that is on the backburner for a bit since I nuked my regular printer.. but in the meantime.. this is a great alternative for me. Seriously, when you try this I think you will be amazed how well it does the thin handwriting styles... Obviously font and font size will make a difference.. but once you have experimented and found a size and styles that work for you.. you will have that pen on hand at all times. .. it will be like the Gelly Roll stardust pen haha.

This pen opens up so many avenues.. both in and out of the cricut. Think of all the cool things you could embellish with this.. stock craft store stuff... the potential is wicked.



Wicked indeed.

I have embossed with an inkjet printer and it is pretty cool.
If you print on pearl paper the ink does not dry real fast so as soon as it comes out of the printer you
sprinkle your embossing powder on it and BANG you have it embossed. It is awesome! It has been a coulpe years since I have done it

TurtleBug

Re: OMG I rock - I invented a pen LOL

Postby TurtleBug » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:55 am

That is so awesome, Ms Whipz,
Do you have your lawyer on standby with the "Patent "PEN"ding" papers in hand, yet!
(No, pun intended, of course!!)


Return to “Everything Cricut”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest