Chrome browser (Aaaaaarggh!)

If it's specifically Cricut related ..you can post it here.
SherryPet
Check for a Pulse

Chrome browser (Aaaaaarggh!)

Postby SherryPet » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:10 pm

When I open Cricricuit Craft Room, Why am I still getting Chrome plug-in messages/warnings/failures?
Will it always be this way?
Any recommendations for browser on PC?

MsWipz
Post Whore

Re: Chrome browser (Aaaaaarggh!)

Postby MsWipz » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:42 pm

SherryPet wrote:When I open Cricricuit Craft Room, Why am I still getting Chrome plug-in messages/warnings/failures?
Will it always be this way?
Any recommendations for browser on PC?

Hi SheryPet....Probably will be that way till Chrome nuke the plugin altogether or PC update DS to accommodate. I wouldn't worry about it myself, I am still using Chrome and everything works fine as is.. I'll worry about it later if and when my browser stops functioning with DS... hard to tell what PC have planned anymore LOL

SherryPet
Check for a Pulse

Postby SherryPet » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:34 am

Ummm, I meant Design Space (not CCR). :|

DeeScraps
The Ultimate Jibber Jabber

Postby DeeScraps » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:34 pm

If I used Chrome for everything, I'd have a mess. I change to it only when I go to DS. It's also one of the reasons that I've been staying away from DS...I keep figuring that they will make the changes they need and I won't have to mess with it twice. (This seems to be wishful thinking!)

I took an Apple Class today to learn more about some of the recent changes they have made, and it should help me with designing card sketches and setting up the Weekly Colors. It's so frustrating when something that's always worked one way before doesn't because of some major/minor change. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Now I've got to go and cut my fingernails :cry: because they are too "long" to type on this small Apple keyboard!

Dee

Valeriesc
Chatty Cathy

Postby Valeriesc » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:38 am

That's disappointing so many are having trouble with Chrome and using it with DS at Cricut. Another one of the reasons I won't be getting Explore any time soon. I've been using Chrome for years and haven't had trouble using it, but then I haven't tried it with Cricut stuff either. My computer is an older computer - probably about 5 yrs! I guess for computers that's old any more, but I would no way be able to buy new computer to work with Explore.

When the Cricut boards changed several years ago and they started up the new formats I couldn't get anything to work well and it was suggested by my computer guy (my son) to switch to Chrome. I also know that one of the genealogy sites I use often doesn't work well with IE and over the last few years they have suggested to use either Chrome or Firefox. Chrome seemed to work the best.

Just wish Provo Craft (Cricut) would give us a choice of being tied to the internet or not.

NanaDonna

Postby NanaDonna » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:49 am

I have been using Chrome for years now, I have used Firefox in the past but I prefer Chrome I guess it is because I am familiar with it.
I do not like Internet Explore and never have, plus I think that Chrome & Firefox are a more secure web browser at least it used to be that way.
There is a guy named Troy that has done some videos on using Design Space on different browser and computer speeds, very informative.
One of the things Troy suggested was if you are using Chrome for your web browsing then us Firefox for DS or vice versa. So since I prefer Chrome for browsing I then opened Firefox for DS however my DS hangs up more in Firefox and responds slower. I don't have much trouble using Chrome and DS yeah I get that message at the top when I first open it but I just ignore it. Once in a great while it will crash or freeze but I just wait a few seconds and it comes back fine. It usually happens when I am working on a very complex file or with a lot of text. The computer I use most often is older probably 5-6 years and is just under PCs requirements but it works just fine. It is all personal preference plus each computer works differently so what might work for some may not work for others

I know it would be nice to have a non-internet version but there are pluses for the internet version, at least to me. I do have a laptop that is well above the requirements so if the project is hanging up on my craft computer I just haul my laptop into the room and use it. It is nice to be able to log in wherever you go and work on a project and then when you are home by your machine you can log in and all is there. Also
(shhhh don't tell) other family members can log into my account and access my cartridges anytime they want. There are other pros to the internet connection also.

Here is a link to that video by Troy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbL7-zjOjdA&list=PLJzvXNAzK1l565jCdYHfkQHLEwGev8YMv
Plus he has his own channel Troy Tube

SherryPet
Check for a Pulse

Postby SherryPet » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:01 am

Thanks for the link to Troy's video. He provides some great information.
While I was there I found "How I make Design Space go ZOOM ZOOM ". (https://youtu.be/WOXEC1-dkbc)
I used his advice and got great results.
Now I use Firefox for DS.
No errors. Just smooth sailing ... ummm ... cutting :!:

NanaDonna

Postby NanaDonna » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:04 am

SherryPet wrote:Thanks for the link to Troy's video. He provides some great information.
While I was there I found "How I make Design Space go ZOOM ZOOM ". (https://youtu.be/WOXEC1-dkbc)
I used his advice and got great results.
Now I use Firefox for DS.
No errors. Just smooth sailing ... ummm ... cutting :!:

Thanks Sherry glad the linked helped you out. I think I watched the one you mentioned but off to check it
out and make sure

DeeScraps

Postby DeeScraps » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:55 pm

OMG........I don't know how I did it, but I got the new "PLUG-IN" working and I am as happy as a pig in mud!!!!! That means that I am using Chrome all the time now and will unless I have a problem, then I'll be switching back and forth between that and Safari. :D Now to just cut something I can use on a card!

Dee[/size]

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:10 pm

DeeScraps wrote:OMG........I don't know how I did it, but I got the new "PLUG-IN" working and I am as happy as a pig in mud!!!!! That means that I am using Chrome all the time now and will unless I have a problem, then I'll be switching back and forth between that and Safari. :D Now to just cut something I can use on a card!

Dee[/size]

so are you going to try print and cut now???

NanaDonna

Postby NanaDonna » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:27 pm

DeeScraps wrote:OMG........I don't know how I did it, but I got the new "PLUG-IN" working and I am as happy as a pig in mud!!!!! That means that I am using Chrome all the time now and will unless I have a problem, then I'll be switching back and forth between that and Safari. :D Now to just cut something I can use on a card!

Dee[/size]

Yeah good for you Dee, I think they may have done an update to the plug in today so
maybe that helped, I am not sure though

Valeriesc
Chatty Cathy

Postby Valeriesc » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:01 am

Dee[/size]

Yeah!!!! I'm so glad you will be able to start using your Explore for print and cuts. Congrats!!! Persistence does pay off.

DeeScraps

Postby DeeScraps » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:54 am

Thanks everyone. I'll try the print and cut when I have plenty of "quiet" time. That will probably depend on when my company gets here.

Thanks for the encouragement,

Dee

Return to “Everything Cricut”