Printer Laser vs inkjet to use with Explore

If it's specifically Cricut related ..you can post it here.
DeeScraps
The Ultimate Jibber Jabber

Re: Printer Laser vs inkjet to use with Explore

Postby DeeScraps » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:19 am

Good point Valerie.

grumpygus
Contributor

Postby grumpygus » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:59 am

I have heard if you don't use the brand of the printer, it voids the warranty and often the printer won't work

libmary
Are You Still Breathing ?

Postby libmary » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:14 pm

Hi,

There has been so much discussion about different experiences with folks using the Print then Cut feature and about "resolution" issues.

I personally LOVE every Printed then Cut image(s) I have done with my HP Photosmart 7510 printer and I have done lots!! :D
http://sippingtea.com/tuts/cricutexploreprintncut.html

No loss of resolution using Print then Cut via Design Space & Firefox vs just Printing the same image out without going through Design Space.

I don't know why others have different experiences and feel the "resolution" is poorer using Design Space.

I've always found that Inkjet printers are my most reliable and good workhorses for "me".

But certainly Laser printers have some advantages over other printers. But for me and using the Print then Cut feature, I have had the best luck with using my HP Photosmart printer (its about 5 yrs old)

Happy Shopping.

DeeScraps

Postby DeeScraps » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:06 pm

Those are some wonderful prints. I have the HP 7520 and I should be able to get a good print as it does well on the photos I've done. I think it's maybe 2 years old. We'll see when I ever get my plug-in to work.

Dee

NanaDonna

Postby NanaDonna » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:59 pm

libmary wrote:Hi,

There has been so much discussion about different experiences with folks using the Print then Cut feature and about "resolution" issues.

I personally LOVE every Printed then Cut image(s) I have done with my HP Photosmart 7510 printer and I have done lots!! :D

No loss of resolution using Print then Cut via Design Space & Firefox vs just Printing the same image out without going through Design Space.

I don't know why others have different experiences and feel the "resolution" is poorer using Design Space.

I've always found that Inkjet printers are my most reliable and good workhorses for "me".

But certainly Laser printers have some advantages over other printers. But for me and using the Print then Cut feature, I have had the best luck with using my HP Photosmart printer (its about 5 yrs old)

Happy Shopping.

Those are some great images and the resolution looks great, nice & vibrant.
Whose images are they? Looks like one might be NitWits?

Valeriesc
Chatty Cathy

Postby Valeriesc » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:26 pm

Libmary those are awesome prints! I wish I could afford to have even my old Canon working. I loved being able to print things in color when I wanted to use color prints. Maybe someday.

libmary
Are You Still Breathing ?

Postby libmary » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:34 pm

NanaDonna wrote:Those are some great images and the resolution looks great, nice & vibrant.

Hi,

Yes, a couple of them are from Nitwits Collections >

If you look through my webpages - I have tried to identify where each image is from (unfortunately, most of them are NO LONGER available online for purchase) I bought the Explore mostly for the Print then Cut feature. I have a HUGE collection of clip art that I have purchased over the past 15 years, much of it coming from the website of pccrafter.com - which went out of business in 2011. Only a handful of former pccrafter artists still sell online clipart sets.

These are webpages I made shortly after I got my Explore last Oct 2014.

http://sippingtea.com/tuts/cricutexploreprintncut2.html

http://sippingtea.com/tuts/cricutexploreprintncut3.html

I still continue to enjoy the printed images from my HP Photosmart 7510 printer. I've printed very small images and up to the max current size of 6x8.5 and every image comes out clear and with no loss of resolution.

I am baffled on why some folks have "resolution" problems with the Print then Cut feature through Design Space. And from comments I have read on the topic (on Facebook mostly or on Kay Hall's website - Clever Someday ) - people seem to think it is on Design Space's end that the program during the upload process, somehow lessens the resolution on images. Since I can't replicate that issue on my own with my printer - thank goodness ;) - I don't know why that Design Space continues to take the "blame". But I do know that people like Kay Hall are working with the tech folks at Cricut and trying to get the issue they experience resolved.

DeeScraps

Postby DeeScraps » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:55 pm

Thanks for a very interesting post.

Dee

NanaDonna

Postby NanaDonna » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:42 am

libmary wrote:
NanaDonna wrote:Those are some great images and the resolution looks great, nice & vibrant.

Hi,

Yes, a couple of them are from Nitwits Collections >

If you look through my webpages - I have tried to identify where each image is from (unfortunately, most of them are NO LONGER available online for purchase) I bought the Explore mostly for the Print then Cut feature. I have a HUGE collection of clip art that I have purchased over the past 15 years, much of it coming from the website of pccrafter.com - which went out of business in 2011. Only a handful of former pccrafter artists still sell online clipart sets.

These are webpages I made shortly after I got my Explore last Oct 2014.

http://sippingtea.com/tuts/cricutexploreprintncut2.html

http://sippingtea.com/tuts/cricutexploreprintncut3.html

I still continue to enjoy the printed images from my HP Photosmart 7510 printer. I've printed very small images and up to the max current size of 6x8.5 and every image comes out clear and with no loss of resolution.

I am baffled on why some folks have "resolution" problems with the Print then Cut feature through Design Space. And from comments I have read on the topic (on Facebook mostly or on Kay Hall's website - Clever Someday ) - people seem to think it is on Design Space's end that the program during the upload process, somehow lessens the resolution on images. Since I can't replicate that issue on my own with my printer - thank goodness ;) - I don't know why that Design Space continues to take the "blame". But I do know that people like Kay Hall are working with the tech folks at Cricut and trying to get the issue they experience resolved.

Thanks for the links I will check them out. I love NitWits products and have not had the loss of resolution in print then cut.

Kay Hall has some great videos and is very good at what she does so I am sure her working with PC in a good thing.

Return to “Everything Cricut”