cricut problem

If it's specifically Cricut related ..you can post it here.
Tinkerbell5762
Check for a Pulse

cricut problem

Postby Tinkerbell5762 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:19 am

I've just bought a brand new cricut explore, I went through the set-up procedure and followed all the prompts for getting the software and plug-in. Everything seemed to be going great, even calibrated the machine I did one cut on paper (on paper setting) but the next one didn't cut correctly the lower half of the design was great but it didn't even touch the top half of the design, (still on paper).I've tried to re-calibrate but it won't even cut that now, it won't cut the horizontal lines at the top of the calibration page, and starts at about H on the vertical lines. I feel it's something I'm doing wrong as it seemed to be working fine, any help much appreciated. Thanks :-?

MsWipz
Post Whore

Re: cricut problem

Postby MsWipz » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:31 am

Hey Tinkerbell5762 ... Nice to have you over with us. Most of the ladies are American on here, so for the most part are safely tucked up in bed at this time of night... just oddballs like me are around :) No need to ask where you found us :whistle:

I wish I had an answer for you, but even I haven't had problem yet and trust me my Explore has been a pain in the ass lately. Almost a year in and suddenly it has a mind of it's own when it comes to print and cut... and then all of a sudden it started reading the registration marks just fine again. Go figure !!

ok so question... have you tried doing just a regular cut instead of print and cut... something of similar size and shape or even the design you failed to print and cut? and if so ..does it cut fine?
It sounds like it is reading the registration marks just fine on the calibration sheet.. but not necessarily computing that information with where everything is supposed to be.

I would probably start off by cutting a regular cut just to make sure the machine can actually cut at the top of the mat.

Can you think of anything you may have changed between the last time you calibrated and had a good cut and when you started seeing the issue.. perhaps you updated something, changed some printer settings or such ? switched to a different printer? if you can think of any additional info that would help.

I'll have a think see if I can come up with any ideas... and I am sure the ladies will too.

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:53 am

Out of curiosity, which Browser are you using ..and have you tried a different one and had the same problem? Also you might want to include what operating system you are using, we have Ipad, mac and windows users on here ...with various versions of windows.

NanaDonna
The Ultimate Jibber Jabber

Postby NanaDonna » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:23 am

Hi Tinkerbell welcome to our little world.

Congratulations on buying an Explore, when you get it up and running
it is an awesome machine.

As MsWipz asked what browser are you using? I have great luck with Chrome but I know
others like Firefox or Internet Explorer.
Try just a regular cut like a square or a circle and see if it cuts that correctly.
Make sure there is not a small piece of paper stuck up onto your blade.

I know you probably have heard this but clear your cache on your computer,
sign out and then in again to Design Space and see if that helps at all.

Please keep us posted.
If all else fails email or live chat with customer service and they will be happy
to help you trouble shoot.

DeeScraps
The Ultimate Jibber Jabber

Postby DeeScraps » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:50 pm

Tinkerbell...just wondering if you figured out the problem and if you got this working correctly?

Dee

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:36 pm

DeeScraps wrote:Tinkerbell...just wondering if you figured out the problem and if you got this working correctly?

Dee

Yeah she did, I ran into her over on the CUP message board and asked her the other day. Sounds like she is up and running just fine and shopping up a storm on CUP... :)

Return to “Everything Cricut”