Is it worth the price to join design space

If it's specifically Cricut related ..you can post it here.
nanavirginnia
Graduate

Is it worth the price to join design space

Postby nanavirginnia » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:53 pm

Hi all you Cricut users or is it called "cricutters" out there. I just got my Explore Air on Wednesday. Tried to make connection to PC for two days and finally, exhausted and near nervous collapse, called support. I could not have had a better tech. Jamie worked hard to assess and solve my problem, while maintaining a friendly demeanor the entire session. It took quite awhile to fix because it was actually my PC that had the problem. (Actually mcAfee was the real culprit) Now I am up and running.

I text all the time but never use emojis so here goes :happy-wavemulticolor: HOORAY. Did I do that right, will it be moving when ya'll view this? ITS NOT MOVING HERE, But maybe I was also supposed to hold down something else with it? Maybe I should call one of the grandkids, nah, y'all can tell me. I'm a high tech redneck but don't know nothin about emojis. ROFLOL. (See I kept that clean LOL)

my question is this: $99.99 seems high to me after reviewing their images since yesterday; unless they add new images, and projects very frequently. Do you all take the membership and is it worth the cost?

For myself, and making cards for three years I have amassed a great deal of clipart and card designs (including different shapes like pop ups, etc). Plus like most of ya'll I know lots of online places to get free or cheap downloads, and other info, right? Plus I also have tons of embossing folders, stamps, die cutters, tools and all the other necessaries.

However, is the membership necessary to use the design space and whatever else they offer? Or can I use it upload my stuff to it and occasionally buy a few designs that I really LOVE; I mean the Internet abounds with video tutes and other info. And I do like the ease of Design Space!

Well, I'm open to hearing what ya'll think since I'm so new to this Cricut stuff. Thanks for any help.

MsWipz
Post Whore

Re: Is it worth the price to join design space

Postby MsWipz » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:19 pm

nanavirginnia wrote:Hi all you Cricut users or is it called "cricutters" out there. I just got my Explore Air on Wednesday. Tried to make connection to PC for two days and finally, exhausted and near nervous collapse, called support. I could not have had a better tech. Jamie worked hard to assess and solve my problem, while maintaining a friendly demeanor the entire session. It took quite awhile to fix because it was actually my PC that had the problem. (Actually mcAfee was the real culprit) Now I am up and running.

I text all the time but never use emojis so here goes :happy-wavemulticolor: HOORAY. Did I do that right, will it be moving when ya'll view this? ITS NOT MOVING HERE, But maybe I was also supposed to hold down something else with it? Maybe I should call one of the grandkids, nah, y'all can tell me. I'm a high tech redneck but don't know nothin about emojis. ROFLOL. (See I kept that clean LOL)

my question is this: $99.99 seems high to me after reviewing their images since yesterday; unless they add new images, and projects very frequently. Do you all take the membership and is it worth the cost?

For myself, and making cards for three years I have amassed a great deal of clipart and card designs (including different shapes like pop ups, etc). Plus like most of ya'll I know lots of online places to get free or cheap downloads, and other info, right? Plus I also have tons of embossing folders, stamps, die cutters, tools and all the other necessaries.

However, is the membership necessary to use the design space and whatever else they offer? Or can I use it upload my stuff to it and occasionally buy a few designs that I really LOVE; I mean the Internet abounds with video tutes and other info. And I do like the ease of Design Space!

Well, I'm open to hearing what ya'll think since I'm so new to this Cricut stuff. Thanks for any help.

I personally do not have a subscription.. it is useful for some of the fancy writing fonts if you like that, but if you hunt around there are others available freely that will work and give you that single writing style..

I don't have a great deal of cartridges... most came free with my original Cricut Expression and I picked up a few on Ebay for the lil guy... Disney Cars, Pixar Toy story etc.

My personal style isn't really what they make available ... so I tend to upload my own images and designs. Do you get a free month with your new Cricut.. I know sometimes that is included depending on where you buy and the offer. One word of caution.. images are only available while you have the subscription.. so if you try it for a month and then decide to cancel..you will not be able to use it in saved projects unless yo pay for them individually or resubscribe. I say give it a try for a month... see if it suits your crafting needs.. and if not..cancel it. It's a useful way to get used to your Cricut.

nanavirginnia
Graduate

Postby nanavirginnia » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:34 pm

Thanks for reply, I know you've been super busy. Yes, I do get a free month. but some items still have a price on them. Whatever happened to free is FREE? But I need to call them because all the stuff supposed to be in the box are not, you know the sample of tiny pieces of stuff........boy they are stingy for the prices of the machines, eh? I got only: two 4x12 gray CS and a 6" square of teal and no washi tape or whatever else was listed.

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:38 pm

nanavirginnia wrote:Thanks for reply, I know you've been super busy. Yes, I do get a free month. but some items still have a price on them. Whatever happened to free is FREE? But I need to call them because all the stuff supposed to be in the box are not, you know the sample of tiny pieces of stuff........boy they are stingy for the prices of the machines, eh? I got only: two 4x12 gray CS and a 6" square of teal and no washi tape or whatever else was listed.

I think it's the licensed stuff that can't be included in the subscription... but you can filter those out by changing the options

.. look top right and there is a search box and a funky upside down cone looking icon next to it.. click on that and you can filter what images it shows you :) useful later on when you start uploading your won :)

..and yup.. I am up to my eyeballs right now.. between cards and Blogs and n a toddler and housework .... but I'm still in and out if you have questions

nanavirginnia
Graduate

Postby nanavirginnia » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:10 pm

My PM's aren't sending. I need link so I can buy the October surprise box and you get your points.

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:15 pm

nanavirginnia wrote:My PM's aren't sending. I need link so I can buy the October surprise box and you get your points.

Not sure why those links are going to a different product..I'll check it out shortly.. PM'd you the link..if you get one be sure to let us know what you got in it. I have never had one and have always been a bit curious. This one sounds like it's supposed to be a REALLY good deal too.

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:20 pm

Ok fixed the links.. not sure why it wasn't going directly to the mystery box page... I wonder what's in it.. I gotta know... LOL

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:28 pm

nanavirginnia wrote:My PM's aren't sending. I need link so I can buy the October surprise box and you get your points.

I just realized what you meant about PM's ... the comments on the blog.. you have to be a subscriber with at least one approved post before your comments go out of post moderation.. you should be good now. It's not PM's these are public comments :)

nanavirginnia
Graduate

Postby nanavirginnia » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:40 am

Re your reply about PM's
Yes, I know, but I was trying to send you a PM (which I understood to be PRIVATE MESSAGE)

Please correct me or tell me that I'm correct

nanavirginnia
Graduate

October mystery box

Postby nanavirginnia » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:43 am

I ordered it Saturday. Boy they hit you with the $10 ship fee. All I can say is the mystery box better be excellent and hopefully something I can use.

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:53 am

nanavirginnia wrote:Re your reply about PM's
Yes, I know, but I was trying to send you a PM (which I understood to be PRIVATE MESSAGE)

Please correct me or tell me that I'm correct

Well if it was on here, then yeah it would be a PM which is indeed a private Message...unless of course you accidentally send it to the entire member list ..like someone we won't mention lol

... but I thought you were referring to the comments you left on the main site that I had to approve before it posted. You should be able to send Private messages just fine on here.. if not let me know and if you get an error message ,let me know what it says and I will look into it.

Merrie
Chatty Cathy

Postby Merrie » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:36 am

Whether you get the subscription is a personal preference. I don't have one because I like having the physical cart (250+) and I can use then in my Expression if my Internet happens to go haywire. So, for me it's a no-brainer. If you find everything you want/need/like on line, then I would say 'no' to the subscription. You can always buy the occasional image if you see something you like. And you don't need the subscription to use DS- use can use DS to upload images/fonts you already have. As MsW said- some images are not included in the subscription. They are liscenced and need to be purchased separately.

Brewil621
Check for a Pulse

Postby Brewil621 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:35 pm

I just buy a few images I will use a lot. Lilies, calla lilies, a few other things that I'll use frequently. If I were to subscribe, I'd just research what I wanted to cut, subscribe for one month, then cut madly all month, putting the things in separate baggies and assembling later. Do this a couple times a year. Combined with a few judiciously chosen cartridges this is a good and inexpensive option.

Return to “Everything Cricut”