Universal overlay

If it's specifically Cricut related ..you can post it here.
nanavirginnia
Graduate

Universal overlay

Postby nanavirginnia » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:09 am

Before I place amazon order, thought I better check because I've seen no mention of needing a universal overlay (whatever that is) for my new explore air?

MsWipz
Post Whore

Re: Universal overlay

Postby MsWipz » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:22 am

nanavirginnia wrote:Before I place amazon order, thought I better check because I've seen no mention of needing a universal overlay (whatever that is) for my new explore air?

If I am correct, what you are referring to is the rubber pad that comes with each cartridge.. it's like a keyboard for selecting the images on the cartridge. It was used in the old Cricut Expressions that did not have online software etc. They have a universal one too... not needed with your Explore :)

One thing you should add to your wishlist for when you get going is a pen adapter it will open up the world of pens you can write with on your Cricut.. I love mine. And I think most people on here would agree.. if you will be writing with your Cricut, buy a pack of Pilot Precise V5 pens.. they work without a special adapter and they are great

I am sure the ladies will have lots of suggestions for things you should pick up, if you don't already have them ...

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:27 am

Here's an old topic about the Amy Chomas Adapters.. I have both the large and small ones.. but in all honesty you could get away with just the large one for most pens.. as it tightens up well :) worth every penny. I have an original Explore with the Pen and blade housing.. so I don't need to switch between the two like the Explore ONE... this adapter is in my Cricut permanently :)

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=123&hilit=chomas

nanavirginnia
Graduate

Postby nanavirginnia » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:41 pm

Thanks, Ms Wipz. My machine came with pen holder and one pen. Already have some ordered. Thanks. Just got email from Cricut re October mystery box and now they are giving free shipping. I'm either too early or too late. I paid $10 which could have been used for other products. Boohoo. I replied to them asking if they would refund it, but doubt that will ever happen. Can't know without trying, right.

I guess you are overlooking my question about how to post photos of cards to site. I have no clue........when you have time, please advise. Thanks.

nanavirginnia
Graduate

Postby nanavirginnia » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:47 pm

Thanks for changing me from check for pulse. I running as fast as I can....

Got great info, hope I didn't tell you already, you tube with lessons and I've already made print and cuts and tags and Halloween card too, that I actually gathered images and sized and cut out card too. Aren't you proud. :happy-wavemulticolor:

DH had heart palpitations this a.m. And our doc referred to cardiologist who will be making tests in a week, after ins okays. I rushed around packing his bag in case hospital visit was needed. But he was home just after lunch. Wait and see from the testing.

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:11 pm

:-D glad to hear hubhy is ok...i thought i answered your post about posting pics...will check when i get home.amy chomas adapters are different...u can you way more pen types

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:15 pm

nanavirginnia
Graduate

Re: Pilot precise v5 pens

Postby nanavirginnia » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:07 pm

RE pilot pens, would that be fine or X-fine? Or? Mine does have the built in holder, that doesn't make a diff in the pens, does it? No, didn't think so, but need to know the pointedness.......like that word, eh

nanavirginnia
Graduate

Re: Photos of Cricut cards

Postby nanavirginnia » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:13 pm

See how I changed subject to sneak this one in the Cricut topic to keep the thread going. Ms wipz: thanks for best wishes. If you sent the posting of photos I missed it and I try to read everything new. And some old too lol

Made my first complete Cricut card today and after making nice homemade envelope and sealing wax, etc discovered I didn't display it for DH, and what, no picture. It was hard to get out since I make the envelopes right around my cards....and then showed it to him....and then almost put back in envelope again....almost had to call ACME.....its been one of those weeks today :happy-wavemulticolor:

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:04 pm

MsWipz wrote:http://www.craftingcircle.com/chatterbox/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=89

Check this old topic

NanaVirginnia... I posted a link to an old topic earlier that should help with the photo problem :)

MsWipz
Post Whore

Re: Pilot precise v5 pens

Postby MsWipz » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:07 pm

nanavirginnia wrote:RE pilot pens, would that be fine or X-fine? Or? Mine does have the built in holder, that doesn't make a diff in the pens, does it? No, didn't think so, but need to know the pointedness.......like that word, eh

Only certain pens will work in the adapter that comes with the Cricut.... I believe the Pilot V5's are one of them ..and as far as size, that is totally up to you..I personally prefer the finer ones. the Amy Chomas adapter just lets you use a wider variety of pens.. and for me that is important as I like to use pens that won't fit in the Cricut adapter :)

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:50 am

I was checking out a link from an email and ran across this, might be an interesting read for you NanaVirginnia ... and future visitors.

http://cartridgesandmore.com/universal-keypad-overlay-faqs/

DeeScraps
The Ultimate Jibber Jabber

Postby DeeScraps » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:56 pm

That was an interesting article about the universal overlay. I've got several here, as they were in my Cricut Surprise Packages/Boxes.

Dee

Return to “Everything Cricut”