New Explore One!!!!!

If it's specifically Cricut related ..you can post it here.
Valeriesc
Chatty Cathy

New Explore One!!!!!

Postby Valeriesc » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:49 pm

I'm so excited right now. My sons bought me a new Explore One on the sales this week! I've decided to use my own computer and just see how it works. My computer son came over and got things installed, which was nice, but I'm sure I could have handled it. But maybe he didn't think I could. :lol: :lol:

Anyway I've got all of my cartridges linked and now need suggestions of where to start!!!! Thinking of watching some You Tube which was suggested on here before. But wanted to get some advice!!

Thanks everyone for any suggestions. Hopefully soon I will be on my new adventure!

MsWipz
Post Whore

Re: New Explore One!!!!!

Postby MsWipz » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:54 pm

Valeriesc wrote:I'm so excited right now. My sons bought me a new Explore One on the sales this week! I've decided to use my own computer and just see how it works. My computer son came over and got things installed, which was nice, but I'm sure I could have handled it. But maybe he didn't think I could. :lol: :lol:

Anyway I've got all of my cartridges linked and now need suggestions of where to start!!!! Thinking of watching some You Tube which was suggested on here before. But wanted to get some advice!!

Thanks everyone for any suggestions. Hopefully soon I will be on my new adventure!

That is absolutely awesome... well did you start with some practice cuts just to make sure all was working as should be... I would start off with a few basic shapes, then try something a bit more intricate.. maybe cut some intricate frames that you can use on your cards later.... dare I suggest you download the shaker card cut files I put on the bog so you can try that out too... it's real basic just a circle cut out of a rectangle or square... that will give you practice at uploading to Design space and resizing and that fun stuff.

so many basics to play with.... but I would get check it all out first then learn how to upload to DS ..

congrats .... can't wait to see what you do.

NanaDonna
The Ultimate Jibber Jabber

Postby NanaDonna » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:45 pm

Just jump in with both feet! LOL that is how I generally do things
but everyone is different.

Videos will help a lot. There are several out there but the ones from
Cricut.com and help simple short and very helpful.

I think I would just pick any idea of something you want to cut
like, heart,snowflake, whatever do decide.
Do an image search and pick one you like.
Did you get a free subscription for a month or so?

Just start playing around and when you run into a problem
or if you have any questions just ask and I will try and help
you as best as I can.

And CONGRATULATIONS on your Explore I am sure you are going to
love it once you get the hang of it. What great sons you have. :clap:

DeeScraps

Postby DeeScraps » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:50 pm

Valerie, this is such wonderful news. I hope to finally be getting "Into" mine so we'll be basically learning together. I love watching the videos. Some of these folks make them so easy to understand, plus seeing how they do things really helps. :happy-wavemulticolor:

Dee

NanaDonna

Postby NanaDonna » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:07 pm

I like Troy her has a lot of great videos.
Here is one for beginners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD7qAjhstPo

Valeriesc
Chatty Cathy

Postby Valeriesc » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:04 pm

Okay I have been immersed in You Tube today!!!

Also been trying to figure things out a little of how to maneuver around in Design Space. Got a few things figured out.....I think!

Nana Donna I do have a subscription but it is only 2 weeks!!! I hope I can even be able to use it in that amount of time!!!

I do need to figure out how to access all the free images other than the subscribed ones. I only see a bunch of calendar stuff so far. I still need to figure some of this out.

I do have a question though. My George & Basic Shapes Cartridge didn't link. And I have tried doing it again and it says it is already linked. Guess I'm going to need to contact Cricut on that one. Everything else linked up fine except one cartridge called Stone Script which is just letters. I tried linking it for the first time and it told me it was already linked. Hmmmm I bought this cart used in Jan or Feb 2010 before they even started with linking stuff....they were still in the Expression mode then. I don't think the Gypsy had even come out yet. The other thing is I try searching for the cartridge and it doesn't even find that one in the groups. So it may be one that is really deceased!!!

I do believe I will be spending a lot of time learning my new machine. I started a card for the Bi-Weekly challenge I wanted to get done but my son came over and got my machine hooked up and now I need to retrieve it somewhere her on my desk to get it finished.

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:24 pm

as long as you have the cartridge and the box with the serial they should fix that linking problem for you...

Valeriesc
Chatty Cathy

Postby Valeriesc » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:54 pm

MsWipz wrote:as long as you have the cartridge and the box with the serial they should fix that linking problem for you...

Yep have both!!!! Probably will just e-mail for now and see if they answer....don't want to stay on phone forever. I'm sure they might be pretty busy next week!

TurtleBug

Postby TurtleBug » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:36 pm

Valerie,
Soooooooo happy for you!! :happy-jumpeveryone: :dance: :dance:

Sorry, I don't think I will be of much help to you, being that whenever I run into a problem I call and BOTHER my dear Mentor NanaDonna (poor woman!).....information and problems solved at my fingertips.

One thing she has instilled in my mind is to sign-off and sign back in whenever you are having a problem with DS, ( i.e. your cartridges not showing as linked or images not appearing on your saved "Upload Images" folder), sometimes that is all you have to do to continue on.

Have fun and enjoy! :)

NanaDonna

Postby NanaDonna » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:35 am

Valerie - It is an ongoing problem with George not linking.
They have also had problems with some others says they have already been linked.
Just contact customer support and let them know which cartridges won't link, by email
is probably best and see what they need from you to link them.

Did you ever have a Gypsy? You can link stuff from there is you do.

Did you know where the filter button is in DS? You can narrow your search using the
filters. When you click insert images over at the far left side next to the search box is a cone
like shaped thing, you can click on that and chose "my images" or "free" images
that should find the free images for you.
Hope this helps

SandyC
Contributor

Postby SandyC » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:10 am

Valeriesc wrote:Okay I have been immersed in You Tube today!!!

Also been trying to figure things out a little of how to maneuver around in Design Space. Got a few things figured out.....I think!

Nana Donna I do have a subscription but it is only 2 weeks!!! I hope I can even be able to use it in that amount of time!!!

I do need to figure out how to access all the free images other than the subscribed ones. I only see a bunch of calendar stuff so far. I still need to figure some of this out.

I do have a question though. My George & Basic Shapes Cartridge didn't link. And I have tried doing it again and it says it is already linked. Guess I'm going to need to contact Cricut on that one. Everything else linked up fine except one cartridge called Stone Script which is just letters. I tried linking it for the first time and it told me it was already linked. Hmmmm I bought this cart used in Jan or Feb 2010 before they even started with linking stuff....they were still in the Expression mode then. I don't think the Gypsy had even come out yet. The other thing is I try searching for the cartridge and it doesn't even find that one in the groups. So it may be one that is really deceased!!!

I do believe I will be spending a lot of time learning my new machine. I started a card for the Bi-Weekly challenge I wanted to get done but my son came over and got my machine hooked up and now I need to retrieve it somewhere her on my desk to get it finished.

Congratulations on your new Explore. You're going to love it!

If you log into Cricut.com and look under your account, it will tell you which cartridges are linked. If they show up there, you also have access to them on Design Space. If you've registered all your cartridges, the registered cartridges and the linked cartridges lists should match.

I like the You Tube videos and they help but another thing that might help you is to download and print the Design Space user manual. It's long - about 150 pages - but I still refer to mine when I don't remember how to do something. Or when I think I do, but it doesn't work - usually 'cause I'm doing something wrong. It's on Cricut.com under Support/ Learn More. Cricut also has videos under support.

Have fun with your machine!

Valeriesc
Chatty Cathy

Postby Valeriesc » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:18 am

Thank you Sandy. I have been wondering where everything is on Cricut. Haven't had a chance to search it out yet. I'll definitely go check those out.

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:12 am

soooo.. how are you liking your new Explore?

Valeriesc
Chatty Cathy

Postby Valeriesc » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:07 pm

MsWipz wrote:soooo.. how are you liking your new Explore?

I've played with it a few times so far and love it. Just need to start trying some new things. Thought about looking over the projects to see if there is anything, but haven't taken the time yet. Waiting for stylus and pen adapter to arrive. Then I will see what I can do with them.

Tried working on a box from Tags, Bags, Boxes & More 2 that I have, but didn't have very good luck. Just trying to cut out the box in a practice piece. Couldn't figure it out ...maybe try another time. Tried making it a size to fit some gift cards I have made but it wasn't cutting the same pieces as shown in the the instruction booklet.

I was confused as to why the pictures on DS show the pics twice and yet they have different #'s, the pieces aren't the same either. Too long of story to put here.....so another day I'll give it a try again.

DeeScraps

Postby DeeScraps » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:31 pm

Good luck with it.

Dee

Return to “Everything Cricut”