Looking For A Design To Use Over A Flashlight Bulb

If it's specifically Cricut related ..you can post it here.
awestruck
Get the Paddles Ready

Looking For A Design To Use Over A Flashlight Bulb

Postby awestruck » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:43 am

I found some Halloween cut outs that could be made and used over the end of the lighted part of a flashlight. When the light is on, you can shine the picture onto a wall and it looks like a spider web. I would like to find something like this idea, but with a Christmas theme. Does anyone know where I could find something like this that could be used over the lighted part of the flashlight? Thanks.

MsWipz
Post Whore

Re: Looking For A Design To Use Over A Flashlight Bulb

Postby MsWipz » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:52 am

awestruck wrote:I found some Halloween cut outs that could be made and used over the end of the lighted part of a flashlight. When the light is on, you can shine the picture onto a wall and it looks like a spider web. I would like to find something like this idea, but with a Christmas theme. Does anyone know where I could find something like this that could be used over the lighted part of the flashlight? Thanks.

Not me, but it sounds like fun :)

DeeScraps
The Ultimate Jibber Jabber

Postby DeeScraps » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:30 am

Do you have an example of it to show us? Seems like Cricut would have cuts you could use. What if you used a small punch of a Christmas tree or something like that? If that's not what you mean, then I'm having a problem visualizing what you mean..

Dee

awestruck
Get the Paddles Ready

Postby awestruck » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:52 pm

That would be something like I would mean. I thought I saw what I was looking for on the same web page that the Halloween cut out was on, but when I searched further, I couldn't find it.
Yes, I believe that something like I would be looking for could be homemade, but because I am so new to this, I do not know how to make one.

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:18 pm

awestruck wrote:That would be something like I would mean. I thought I saw what I was looking for on the same web page that the Halloween cut out was on, but when I searched further, I couldn't find it.
Yes, I believe that something like I would be looking for could be homemade, but because I am so new to this, I do not know how to make one.

do you have a link to pictures of what you are trying to make?

awestruck
Get the Paddles Ready

Postby awestruck » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:28 pm

No, I was hoping that the design would have already been made. But the next step would be to find the design and just make it myself.

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:32 pm

I would look for some SVG files for round ornaments.. see if there are any silhouette cuts you like.

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:36 pm

oh and also check the scroll saw pattern sites... it is a similar type of cut to what you will need :) I check those for designs now and then too. I used to have a scroll saw so am familiar with how their patterns work :) it's quite handy LOL

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/24629129188142613 if you fill in the hole used to hang this.. this kind of thing..is that what you need?

awestruck
Get the Paddles Ready

Postby awestruck » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:25 pm

That would be the idea of it. I think I found the picture I want. Will have to see if I can make it small enough for a cover over the flashlight. I also have to make it round, like an ornament shape, and save it somehow as an svg file.

awestruck
Get the Paddles Ready

Postby awestruck » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:28 pm

I was kind of looking for a star, but I really like the picture at the bottom of this page: http://youseriouslymadethat.blogspot.co ... ivity.html

Thanks for all the help with this.

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:47 am

awestruck wrote:That would be the idea of it. I think I found the picture I want. Will have to see if I can make it small enough for a cover over the flashlight. I also have to make it round, like an ornament shape, and save it somehow as an svg file.

unless you need layers .. just save it as a Jpeg lol... works fine

awestruck
Get the Paddles Ready

Postby awestruck » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:33 am

Will the Cricut cut out a .jpg file? I thought the Cricut only worked with .sgv files?

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:36 am

awestruck wrote:Will the Cricut cut out a .jpg file? I thought the Cricut only worked with .sgv files?

Nope you can import Jpegs and PDF's and a few others I think.. I upload Jpegs all the time :)

awestruck
Get the Paddles Ready

Postby awestruck » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:39 am

Thanks.

NanaDonna
The Ultimate Jibber Jabber

Postby NanaDonna » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:44 am

awestruck wrote:Will the Cricut cut out a .jpg file? I thought the Cricut only worked with .sgv files?

Yes the Explore works with JPEGs, also PNG and SVG and several other file types.
Not sure if you ever heard of Inkscape but it is a free program that can do so many things.
You could even bring in those images and it will help make them into a round shape then you can save
as an SVG and import into DS.

I would cut them out of black heavy card stock or chipboard so that it blocks out
all the light of the flashlight except for the design part.
Sounds like a lot of fun let us know how it goes.

FYI Inkscape can be kind of intimidating but there are so many videos out there
to help you. Try Troy Tube or Crafts by Two

Return to “Everything Cricut”