Explore ONE and SVG Files

If it's specifically Cricut related ..you can post it here.
Valeriesc
Chatty Cathy

Explore ONE and SVG Files

Postby Valeriesc » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:39 pm

Does anyone know anything about whether the Explore One will accept the SVG files without additional software? I was looking at a chart of some kind on Cricut a couple of days ago and one of the notations was that to use SVG files there was additional software that needed to be purchased for $49.99. The chart was a bit confusing to follow as there were not headings indicating which machine all the check marks were associated with. Then there were 2 columns that had the note of having 2 steps and then a note about needing additional software for doing SVG files.

Of course I can't find it again on the Cricut site. But needless to say I am a bit confused. Just wondering if anyone else might know something about this.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

MsWipz
Post Whore

Re: Explore ONE and SVG Files

Postby MsWipz » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:46 pm

Not that I am aware of, are you sure it wasn't software to create your own SVG's they were talking about? I thought The One used the same DesignSpace as everyone else..... I bet it was referring to making yoru own custom designs in something like Inkscape..which is Free

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:48 pm

comparison_svg.jpg
Ok I think this is what you are referring to... It has a comparison chart showing the silhouette needs additional software to use SVG..

http://us.cricut.com/home/learn/machines/explore-family
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Valeriesc
Chatty Cathy

Postby Valeriesc » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:45 pm

Ms Wipz you are awesome. Oh brother, that is the exact chart I saw but I don't remember the pics of the machines at the top and if I did see them didn't associate them with the columns. And now you mentioned making your own SVG files I'm sure that is what was being referred to in the chart.

I tried to find the site again to post the link in my post.

Like I said this was a bit confusing for me but now I have my questions answered.

Thanks so much!!!

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:47 pm

Valeriesc wrote:Ms Wipz you are awesome. Oh brother, that is the exact chart I saw but I don't remember the pics of the machines at the top and if I did see them didn't associate them with the columns. And now you mentioned making your own SVG files I'm sure that is what was being referred to in the chart.

Like I said this was a bit confusing for me but now I have my questions answered.

Thanks so much!!!

I know LOL... and you are most welcome lol

Return to “Everything Cricut”