September 2015 Creative Coloring Card Challenge

MsWipz
Post Whore

September 2015 Creative Coloring Card Challenge

Postby MsWipz » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:25 am

ok.. there is only one choice for this months Challenge... If you haven't already seen this blog and digital artist, I highly recommend you go take a peek. Dee.. you will love this one if you haven't already seen it... lotsa cool "oldies" images, which I know you love. :D

I had to laugh when I saw this one... I dunno about the rest of you but here in this house with a toddler ... my laundry basket is always over flowing. I'm looking forward to this one :)

This months image is available here http://nanavicsdigitals.blogspot.com look in the left hand menu for the freebies link
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TurtleBug

Re: September 2015 Creative Coloring Card Challenge

Postby TurtleBug » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:29 pm

My daughter's birthday is in October....for a minute I thought this was her posing for this image...she is forever doing laundry!! :lol:

I have already sized and downloaded it to cardstock, ready for me to "color/ink".

Love this image.....this will be her birthday card.

Thanks, MsWipz!

DeeScraps
The Ultimate Jibber Jabber

Postby DeeScraps » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:06 pm

It is cute, and I just got to check out the site and she's got some neat stuff. I hadn't hear of her before.

Dee

TurtleBug

Postby TurtleBug » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:38 pm

My September 2015 Creative Coloring Card Challenge Card

Image - Freebie for " September 2015 Creative Coloring Card Challenge" from http://nanavicsdigitals.blogspot.com/
Inking - I used color pencils, Recollections markers, Cricut Explore Pens. Pilot Precise V5 pens in assorted colors
Sign on Basket - Written and cut on Explore using "My System Fonts" in the "Curlz" font from my computer
Sentiment - I typed the sentiment in the "Text" feature written with a Cricut pen in lavender from the "Wildflower" pen set....again using the "Curlz" font, then cut and matted on Explore.
This card is for my daughter, her b'day is Oct 18th....she is FOREVER doing laundry...one Oct. b'day card done, four to go!!
TFL!! :)

NanaDonna

Postby NanaDonna » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:33 pm

Turtle I love your card and so true when you have a child or 2.
You did great coloring. Great job writing in that sign!

NanaDonna

Postby NanaDonna » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:35 pm

Ha ha ha ha ha ha
And I was just trying to color ONE image

DeeScraps

Postby DeeScraps » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:49 pm

:lol: I know that feeling! The image looks great, can't wait to see the finished card. That reminds me, I've some wash I promished hubby I would do. I so agree with Merrie...so much wash for just the two of us. :violin:

Dee

NanaDonna

Postby NanaDonna » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:21 pm

DeeScraps wrote::lol: I know that feeling! The image looks great, can't wait to see the finished card. That reminds me, I've some wash I promished hubby I would do. I so agree with Merrie...so much wash for just the two of us. :violin:

Dee

I will be waiting for your sketches to see if I can fit it into
one of them :-D :happy-partydance:

DeeScraps

Postby DeeScraps » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:14 pm

Good idea...why don't I ever think of that!? :doh:

Dee

DeeScraps

Postby DeeScraps » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:17 pm

Here is my card with the cute digi stamp provided by Nana Vic. I finished the coloring, but I have to admit I had no idea of how to make it into a card. Then last night I was going through my button box and came across these 3 tiny clothes pins that a friend gave me several years ago. That started the idea of expanding the “Wash Day” theme. At first I was going to make some little clothes hanging on the line, but when I came across this Graphic 45 Paper that looked like a quilt and also somewhat matched the colors that I used in coloring the image, I decided to work around that. This is what I came up with.

I used a 12 x 12 kraft paper to make a 6 x 6 card. I had to make the bigger card because I had printed out a pretty big image to color.

The quilt paper and other border papers are all Graphic 45.

The grass paper is from my stash of 8-1/2 x 11 single sheets of card stock and must be at least 15-years old. No name on it.

Clothes poles and lines are made from wooden skewers and very thin hemp twine from MFT.

I used “pops” on most of the layers, but I also cut a small piece of styrofoam board and painted it black with acrylic paint to use to pop the main image. It needed to fairly thick.

I also used a few "leaf" stickers that were from Joanns.

That’s it. Thanks for looking….Dee

DeeScraps

Postby DeeScraps » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:49 pm

I'm not having much luck posting the photos....try #3. Here goes.

I think it's hard to see all the things that are popped.

Thanks, Dee

Valeriesc
Chatty Cathy

Postby Valeriesc » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:58 pm

Dee your card is absolutely adorable and amazing!!!! You have such a great talent!!! Awesome.....love everything about this card.

Merrie
Chatty Cathy

Postby Merrie » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:36 pm

OMGosh Dee- stinking cute. I LOVE the quilt paper! Perfect! :romance-heartsthree:

TurtleBug

Postby TurtleBug » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:32 pm

Dee,
Your Laundry Day :chores-laundry: card is so clever!! My favorite part, aside from the awesome (as usual) coloring, is the corner of the quilt...just "blowin' in the wind"!!, such a "real" detail. Love the way you added a "backyard" background to the whole card. You have a very creative mind...awesome work on here!!
What does the "IH" stand for on the sign??

DeeScraps

Postby DeeScraps » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:55 am

TurtleBug wrote:Dee,
Your Laundry Day :chores-laundry: card is so clever!! My favorite part, aside from the awesome (as usual) coloring, is the corner of the quilt...just "blowin' in the wind"!!, such a "real" detail. Love the way you added a "backyard" background to the whole card. You have a very creative mind...awesome work on here!!
What does the "IH" stand for on the sign??

LOL! The sign was supposed to say "HI" buy I guess I was tired and not paying attention! My hubby spotted it when he looked at the card sitting here. :laughing-lettersrofl:

Dee

Also...thank you Merrie and Valerie.

Return to “Creative Coloring Card Challenge”