October 2015 Creative Coloring Card Challenge

SandyC
Contributor

Re: October 2015 Creative Coloring Card Challenge

Postby SandyC » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:39 pm

DeeScraps wrote:When you said shading, I thought you meant around the image. I usually just run my Copic marker around the outline the edges. As for the shading, I too, took one class and it was shading. I was terrible. I usually just do the lighter color, outline with the next one, go back with the light one, and then some of the darkest where you think it will go. What kind of paper do you use? The expensive does work better.

Right now so many of my pens are empty and I've been trying to find a place to order that has all the ones I want, but it's not going to happen. LOL.....

Dee

I'm using the Neemah bright white paper. It colors up really nicely for the print and cut and it seems to hold the colors well for the alcohol inks, too. It doesn't pill with the ink.

Have you tried Oozak.com for the Copic refills? They're pretty reasonable in their pricing.

Sandy

DeeScraps
The Ultimate Jibber Jabber

Postby DeeScraps » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:17 pm

Thanks to the Spanish Novellas last night and tonight, I was able to work on this card a few minutes at a time. :teasing-tease: I'm so glad, because I really like the image.

I colored it with Copic Markers, and I used the square frame die and also the corn stalks from Die-Namics by My Favorite Things.

As I looked at the photos, I think I'll cute the bottom off the stalks that are hanging on the frame. What do you think?

Thanks,

Dee

DeeScraps

Postby DeeScraps » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:29 pm

I'm using the Neemah bright white paper. It colors up really nicely for the print and cut and it seems to hold the colors well for the alcohol inks, too. It doesn't pill with the ink.

Have you tried Oozak.com for the Copic refills? They're pretty reasonable in their pricing.

Sandy
[/quote]

Sandy, have you tried making your strokes circular? Also, just keep going back over the areas. Don't stop until YOU think it looks good. Also, watch some videos on U-Tube. There's no "right" way to do it...just find one that works for you.

As I said, I was trying to find a store that had ALL the colors that I needed, but so many are on backorder. I was having trouble signing into Oozak and could not even get it to take a new password. I have no idea why. I did write them and she changed the password for me. It should work now, just haven't had time to do the order yet.

Dee

Valeriesc
Chatty Cathy

Postby Valeriesc » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:34 pm

Dee:

Your card came out wonderful! Love the corn stalks.

DeeScraps

Postby DeeScraps » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:52 pm

Thanks...it was a fun card to do.

Dee

NanaDonna

Postby NanaDonna » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:34 pm

Dee your card is wonderful. I love the stalks and the ones
that hang out give it a lot of depth.

I am terrible at shading and reflecting the light.
Just can't get the hang of it.

SandyC
Contributor

Postby SandyC » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:54 pm

DeeScraps wrote:Thanks to the Spanish Novellas last night and tonight, I was able to work on this card a few minutes at a time. :teasing-tease: I'm so glad, because I really like the image.

I colored it with Copic Markers, and I used the square frame die and also the corn stalks from Die-Namics by My Favorite Things.

As I looked at the photos, I think I'll cute the bottom off the stalks that are hanging on the frame. What do you think?

Thanks,

Dee

What a great card, Dee! Love it.

Return to “Creative Coloring Card Challenge”