January 2016 Creative Coloring Card Challenge

NanaDonna
The Ultimate Jibber Jabber

Re: January 2016 Creative Coloring Card Challenge

Postby NanaDonna » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:59 pm

DeeScraps wrote:I finally finished this image and made it into a card. Time in my craft room has been hard to find with actively looking for a dishwasher. I think I might send this to my granddaughter. Unfortunately... I forgot to write down the name of the paper pad before I put it away. The paper with the circles was from a single sheet of paper called "Embellish" by Dena.

I used Copics to color the image and made a few of the background dots with Liquid Pearls and Ranger Stickles. I also put Glossy Accents on the shoes. The small red hearts are left over from a die cut and the round stamp is from a set I ordered last year from Lilly of the Vally.

Thanks for looking.... Dee

It is great Dee. I love it!
hanks for the reminder, I forgot about this image.
Have been busy coloring things I should have colored this one

Merrie
Chatty Cathy

Postby Merrie » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:51 am

DeeScraps wrote:I finally finished this image and made it into a card. Time in my craft room has been hard to find with actively looking for a dishwasher. I think I might send this to my granddaughter. Unfortunately... I forgot to write down the name of the paper pad before I put it away. The paper with the circles was from a single sheet of paper called "Embellish" by Dena.

I used Copics to color the image and made a few of the background dots with Liquid Pearls and Ranger Stickles. I also put Glossy Accents on the shoes. The small red hearts are left over from a die cut and the round stamp is from a set I ordered last year from Lilly of the Vally.

Thanks for looking.... Dee

Beautiful Dee- love the colors. Shading on the dress is perfect! :)

NanaDonna

Postby NanaDonna » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:11 am

I worked a little on this image yesterday. Hope to at least
finish getting her colored up today so I can out her on
a card.

NanaDonna

Postby NanaDonna » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:50 am

I colored it using my copics and a little of my new skills I am learning at
Kit & Clowder. The background quilt paper is a single sheet I have had in my
stash for a long time and thought it worked perfect with this image. In fact when
I saw this image I immediately thought about this paper
The pink frame I cut using my new Cottage Cutz stitched frame dies.
TFL

DeeScraps

Postby DeeScraps » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:17 am

NanaDonna...a perfect card....the background goes perfectly with the image. I like the colors you used.

Dee

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:56 am

lovely cards ladies... I think this is a great image choice and seems to suit everyone :) love how individual they all are... Fab !!

Valeriesc
Chatty Cathy

Postby Valeriesc » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:05 pm

Okay I spent the weekend trying to work on this image. My colored pencils on the skin just weren't working at all! So after 2 or 3 attempts I decided to look at Copics! Found one at Michael's with 50% coupon but it still isn't quite what I want. Would like a little lighter in color. I bought 2 Copics...lol. Just going to try these and see how I like them for now. Trying to color on the paper the ink was wearing off (lazer jet) with pencils doing the skin areas especially the face. Guess I was pressing too hard. So will give these a try. Who knows maybe I'll look into getting a few of these with coupons when I can and start a small collection.

The other thing about my pencils a lot of them don't color smooth. Thought it was the texture of paper but that didn't make any difference. Some pencils are just different. I have several different brands over the many, many years of collecting them. Everything from Prismacolor, Empire, Berol. Some are really inexspensive ones purchased for kids at school. Some are even the ones I had in school!!! Yikes. I know they aren't the best, but I still use them.

So I'm off to work on this project one more time!!!

MsWipz
Post Whore

Postby MsWipz » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:44 pm

Valeriesc wrote:Okay I spent the weekend trying to work on this image. My colored pencils on the skin just weren't working at all! So after 2 or 3 attempts I decided to look at Copics! Found one at Michael's with 50% coupon but it still isn't quite what I want. Would like a little lighter in color. I bought 2 Copics...lol. Just going to try these and see how I like them for now. Trying to color on the paper the ink was wearing off (lazer jet) with pencils doing the skin areas especially the face. Guess I was pressing too hard. So will give these a try. Who knows maybe I'll look into getting a few of these with coupons when I can and start a small collection.

The other thing about my pencils a lot of them don't color smooth. Thought it was the texture of paper but that didn't make any difference. Some pencils are just different. I have several different brands over the many, many years of collecting them. Everything from Prismacolor, Empire, Berol. Some are really inexspensive ones purchased for kids at school. Some are even the ones I had in school!!! Yikes. I know they aren't the best, but I still use them.

So I'm off to work on this project one more time!!!

One of the ladies on the Kit & Clowder group mentioned using vaseline with her pencils..it made the colors so much more vibrant too.. glad to see you are joining in the coloring fun and games .. looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

I had problems finding skin tones I liked too, but I love Pale Beige ( 731) in the Kurecolor pens for the base..it's more of a tan brown tone than most skintones, I'll be trying more of that range next month hopefully :) I am hoping to get my hands on some of the new Chameleon skintones soon too ... woot :)

NanaDonna

Postby NanaDonna » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:02 pm

Valerie cool nice to see you working on the coloring.

You just have to find what suits you best. I will say that paper makes a
big difference in the ink smearing when printed on your printer. Some
papers just don't blend well or for some reason the printer ink smears.

Just trial and error.

There is also a huge variety of markers or pencils to color with.
Just shop around. I hear a lot of people say they like the
Spectrum Nior markers. I have not tried them

Valeriesc
Chatty Cathy

Postby Valeriesc » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:12 pm

Well this is not being posted any too soon for sure!!!! Only a few more days left this month. Time surely does fly by nowadays. I got this completed this afternoon. I really do like how my color image turned out too!! I plan to color a couple more of these....maybe.... :roll:

Used my Spellbinders Classic Squares Large and Small to cut the square. Used all scraps on this card. The brads are from Recollections (which at the Michael's here are being sent to the dungeon...... :sad:) I wish they were a bit larger but the larger ones I had tried at first I didn't like the color. So used what I had since I had the holes in my card..... :mad:

Return to “Creative Coloring Card Challenge”